Internet Evidence: Collection | Preservation | Presentation
Who Needs WebCase?
Anyone needing to collect, document and verify Internet-based information can benefit from WebCase®. Read more from our users.
- Federal, state, and local criminal investigators capture video of assaults, images of narcotics stashes, and text describing criminal plans.
- Child exploitation investigators and advocates document instant message and chat room conversations between predators and their victims.
- Probation and parole officers check up on offenders' social network pages and other online presences to ensure they comply with their sentencing terms.
- Prosecutors back up police evidence to support their case.
- Attorneys document witness credibility.
- Civil litigators conduct both primary and secondary research on case-related issues.
- Human resources staff research prospective and current employees' social network pages to ensure off-hours activities match company values.
- Marketers protect their companies' brands and online reputations against online fraud, phishing, and other cybercrimes.
- Legal counsel supplements e-discovery efforts.
- Internal auditors analyze efficiency, asset protection, and investigate fraud.
- Information security personnel identify risks to intellectual property, including espionage and piracy.
- Competitive business analysts document key companies and markets.
- Insurance claims adjusters investigate personal property and injury, workers' compensation, and vehicle claims.
- Financial crimes investigators examine crimes related to online banking and auction sites, phishing, fraud, and like crimes.
- Documentation of marital infidelity, missing persons, and threats to individuals can all be found online.
- Domestic fusion centers in all 50 U.S. states collect evidence of extremist activity.
- Military intelligence monitor websites and social networks to gather information on potential security breaches or other threats.
Academics and researchers
- Instructors on cybercrimes and computer forensic procedures capture information that supports their curricula.
- Journalists and historians back up their research for investigative reports and books.
Help for WebCase
© Copyright 2007-2013–
Vere Software. All rights reserved.
4790 Caughlin Pkwy, Suite 323,
Reno, Nevada, 89519-0907