Internet Evidence: Collection | Preservation | Presentation
Law Enforcement Users
Who Needs WebCase®?
Read how our customers use it:
Federal, State, Local
Anti-Child Exploitation Advocates
School Resource Officers
Probation Officers / Parole Officers
See Who Needs WebCase?
Read how the Santa Cruz Police Department uses WebCase to save time, reduce court costs & catch offenders
Read how one high tech crimes unit in South Dakota uses WebCase to improve efficiency, organization and accountability
WebCase's video capability is "much more powerful" for juries as they weigh evidence, says Det. Dan Pearce of the San Diego-based CATCH unit. He recently used the software to record how a suspect was able to log in to a sex site using a victim's stolen credit card. "The site was really high-end, lots of Flash animation and audio, and WebCase captured all of it," Pearce says. "The DA, who is smart but not a technical guy, thought the video was beautiful." In many of his cases using WebCase, Pearce adds, defense attorneys don't even bother taking cases to court once they see WebCase evidence.
Identity theft, child exploitation, gang and drug activity, and other crimes are endemic online. Your school resource officers need a quick and easy way to document cyberbullying and other threats, and even patrol officers find themselves turning to social media to investigate petty crimes – even as your detectives do the same on larger cases. Meanwhile, probation/parole officers need a fast way to check for compliance on-site – without necessarily resorting to computer forensics.
Built by law enforcement officers for law enforcement officers, WebCase is the only purpose-built internet evidence collection software:
- Hash algorithms and date/time stamping, along with WebCase's evidence locker, preserve everything you need to build your case.
- WebCase lets you manage multiple suspects as well as undercover identities.
- Full screen and video capture documents every image, every Flash movie, every chat.
- HTML reporting allows for easy, painless presentation to supervisors, prosecutors, judges and juries. Preparing investigation reports the old-fashioned way often requires a major time commitment. With WebCase, simply click a button to generate a browser based report that contains a comprehensive chronology of all events and activities, as well as the evidence that was gathered and any investigators’ comments.
- Support digital forensics examinations. Evidence located during digital examinations often includes determining a user’s online activity. Use WebCase to verify the current state of websites located during the forensic exam.
Managers need to:
- Easily view all outstanding cases
- Identify investigator use and time expenditures
- Ensure compliance with state and national regulations
- Aid in the analysis of investigations and detect emerging trends
- Ensure that your team's resources are deployed effectively
The WebCase Advantage:
- Ease of Use: WebCase's simple interface makes Internet documentation simple.
- Customizable reporting: WebCase’s browser based reporting can be customized to suit your team's preferred look and feel, including your logo.
- Affordable: A proven solution at an affordable price.
- Support: Our clients benefit from exceptional customer service long after the implementation is over.
For more information, please call us or join a live WebCase software demo
© Copyright 2007-2013–
Vere Software. All rights reserved.
4790 Caughlin Pkwy, Suite 323,
Reno, Nevada, 89519-0907